Oh Fall. Falling leaves. Cozy knit ivory cable throws. Bulky cotton sweaters, pumpkin spice candles, warm apple desserts, scenic driving views, and family gatherings.
And so, during these holiday seasons, it’s a nice touch to color scheme and ornament our spaces accordingly while saving money and staying clutter-free.
So, here are 3 easy decor tricks that everyone with any budget can invest in:
1 | Real Pumpkins
- Only cost 7$ at your local grocery store.
- Can last up to 8 weeks.
- They’re aesthetically pleasing to look at.
- Have indoor and outdoor use.
- Require 0 maintenance.
- Adds an organic touch to your home while opting out of faux, plastic decor.
- Post pumpkin use, you can trash it without having to store it year round=0 clutter!
2 | Candles & Warm Lighting
- Cost-effective ways to add coziness and ambiance.
- Add invigorating and relaxing scents/ aromas for the mind and body.
- No storage required: can be placed all year round=0 clutter!
- Stay healthy: use soy, lead-free wicked, and essential oil based candles. Opt out of chemical commercial candles. There are natural alternatives! Example: AIRA Soy candles.
- Faux candles: flameless alternatives with timers that automatically light up at the same time every day and only require a handful of batteries (which last almost 2 months). Buying rechargeable batteries also helps delete this cost!
- Outdoors: try solar-powered lanterns. Lanterns are perfect decor for all seasons, require 0 electricity, and are safety promoters (can light your entry way or porch). I found my 5$ solar lanterns at Family Dollar! They light up on timer at night and use the sun’s energy to charge up in the day.
- Faux candle reminder: outdoor versus indoor ones. Outdoor ones are plastic (since wax shells would melt). Indoor ones are coated with wax resins so they look real.
- Say no to florescent lighting because it decreases ambiance!
3 | Linens & Throw Pillows
Textiles are an easy way to update any space on a budget.
- Decorative towels: can match any holiday or season for $5 or less.
- Throws/blankets: cozy additions and add style.
- TJMaxx and HomeGoods: offer a variety of colors, fabrics, warmth levels for cheap!
- Throw pillows: home-decor essentials! I usually keep the same lumbar (16×26) throw pillow from PB shown below all year round and alternate covers per season.
- Throws can’t add clutter to your home, because they really household essentials.
- Throws and throw pillows are functional + decorative!
- Leave your throw placed on your sofa and another nestled up in a weaved basket for guests on the side.